Tuesday 26 March 2013

Emmerdale's Roxanne Pallett uses Kim Kardashian's weight loss secret to slim into stockings and suspenders for Rocky Horror Show


Emmerdale's Roxanne Pallett uses Kim Kardashian's weight loss secret to slim into  stockings and suspenders for Rocky Horror Show

  • Roxanne Pallett, 30, has dropped from 8st to 7st for new role
  • Changed her diet to small portions of healthy foods, five times a day
  • Also took the diet supplement Raspberry Ketones
  • Starring as sexy Janet Weiss in The Rocky Horror show

Roxanne Pallett has managed to shed over a stone to transform herself into suspender-wearing leading lady Janet Weiss for The Rocky Horror Show .
While Roxanne may have gained notoriety as one of the sexiest women on TV when she played Jo Sugden in ITV soap opera Emmerdale, even she was daunted by the thought of being scantily clad for the majority of the show.
She overhauled her diet, switching to healthy alternatives of her favourite foods and rehearsing up to eight hours a day to lose an impressive 15 pounds. 
Ultimately, 5ft 1in Roxanne dropped from 8st in October to 7st in January this year.
Roxanne looks amazing in this weeks issue of OK! where she opens up about loosing a stone
Roxanne looks amazing in this weeks issue of OK! where she opens up about loosing a stone
Roxanne Pallett
Roxanne
Roxanne has lost 15 pounds since October, from 8st (left) to 7st (right) to shape up for her role
Speaking about her decision to trim down her her figure for the famous role, Roxanne said: 'If you put on a few pounds and you’re not doing a job in the public eye, it’s okay because when you’re in the office you can hide under clothes or if you’re at home you can hide behind your onesie. 
'So during the rehearsal period for Rocky Horror, I realised I needed to feel confident with my body to play that role with conviction because the audience can see if you’re not comfortable.
‘When you’re on television, or film, or on stage, you can’t hide – you have to be in the costume of that character and most of the time it’s sexy or revealing. You have to be confident,’
‘Janet is a wholesome American girl in the beginning, wearing a little pink dress, but that’s only the first 10 minutes – for the next hour and a half I’m in my underwear!’
'By January I had gone down to 7st so they had to take my costume in. It’s always been the other way round with me. In Emmerdale they usually had to take the costume out as I was much bigger than the other girls.
‘And I feel better… I’ve been saying to everybody it’s not how I look, it’s how I feel that makes a difference.'
In an exclusive interview with OK! Magazine out today, the 30-year-old also said that raspberry ketones supplements helped her shift the extra weight.
There can be no doubt that Roxanne embodies her role as the sexy Janet Weiss in the shoot for OK! as she shows of her newly trim figure lounging on a couch
There can be no doubt that Roxanne embodies her role as the sexy Janet Weiss in the shoot for OK! as she shows of her newly trim figure lounging on a couch
Raspberry ketone is a fruit extract that claims to 'burn body fat' and has been dubbed a 'miracle' weight loss supplement by some. 
Though raspberry ketone has been on the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) safe list since 1965, it has only been marketed as a weight loss supplement since 2004 after a study in Japan found it prevented weight increases in mice on a high fat diet.
No similar studies have been conducted on humans, and critics believe one would need to consume huge quantities of the product to see the same kind of results as the study with mice.
But Roxanne is convinced the tablets have helped her with her weight loss. 
‘I’m doing eight shows a week so that’s a lot of cardio, a lot of movement, a lot of dancing. That’s like going to the gym eight times a week. That with the Forza Raspberry Ketone tablets which I’ve been taking once a day, they’ve both contributed to my weight loss. 
'And it’s really safe because it’s a food supplement, it’s not a slimming pill. It’s something you take once a day to increase your fat breakdown, and because it’s raspberries, it’s natural.
'If you can find something that has that natural ability to speed up your metabolism that is safe, that works well, that’s great. Especially with a woman’s metabolism because I think it slows down when you get to a certain age.'
‘I’m a big fan of the Kardashians and I love Oprah, and I’d heard from them both that they’d contributed to their weight loss with these ketone supplements that speed up your metabolism.
File photo dated 12/3/2008 of Roxanne Pallett,
Roxanne Pallett, 2007
Roxanne says when she was in Emmerdale her costumes had to be taken out as she was bigger than the other actresses on the show, but says her weight loss has given her new confidence 
‘I’ve always looked to the Kardashians as healthy role models because they’re glamorous women and they’re not trying to be skinny, they’re celebrating their hourglass figures. That’s what drew my attention, because I’ve got an hourglass figure - I’ve got a 32DD bust.’
Roxanne admits that she has found maintaining her figure harder as she gets older, but says that she now makes health conscious choices when it comes to her food.
'I just take the healthier options now. Rather than eating those sugary cereals that we all love, I’ll eat wholemeal toast with peanut butter, a banana, or porridge. I’ve replaced all the Starbucks hot chocolates and drinks for teas, so I’ll have a chamomile tea or a peppermint tea.
'And that’s better for my vocals too, because I have to sing six songs for The Rocky Horror Show' she says.
The petite brunette has learned which foods are detrimental to her quest to drop the pounds, saying: ‘I stay away from white bread, I don’t have paninis or ciabatta. Anything like that is the enemy to my waistline - because I’m 5 ft 1in, it really shows when I put on weight. I just don’t have the height to balance it out.'
Her revamped diet involves less processed and junk food. Instead she eats nutritious food in smaller portions but more often.
Roxanne's full interview is in this weeks OK! magazine, out now
Roxanne's full interview is in this weeks OK! magazine, out now
Describing a typical day the actress says: ‘For lunch or dinner I’ll have a jacket potato with beans or a stir-fry, but I make sure I don’t have microwave meals because they don’t fill you up. I also eat little and often, so I have five small meals a day, things that are going to give me energy for the show but are still good carbohydrates.
'All my friends are actually coming to me saying, ‘How have you lost a stone, every time I see you you’re eating!’, but it’s about what you eat and when you eat. Don’t eat late at night – you know, I used to be the girl who put a pizza in the oven late at night, but not now.'
But despite this virtuous diet and active lifestyle rehearsing her dance routines for the show, Roxanne confesses she isn’t depriving herself too much.
‘I’m such a big fan of chocolate and chips, I usually can’t go a day without chocolate. But the thing is portion control – rather than eating an entire chocolate bar, I’ll eat half and I’ll put the other half in the fridge for the next day.
‘If you halve portions, you’re still having a bit of what you love but you’re not over-indulging. And twice a week, I’ll still have my Nutella on toast. I can’t deprive myself, so that’s my little indulgence!
With this balanced attitude to her new diet and slim line figure, Roxanne is confident that these changes will be long lasting.
She says: ‘I’m definitely going to maintain it. I think when most people hit their target weight they relax into it and then it creeps back up. 
'When I did Dancing on Ice I think I lost a dress size, but it was muscle, it wasn’t dieting, it was all from skating every day. When it came to an end my weight crept up again.
'I will definitely be keeping up with the Forza Raspberry Ketone supplements and I’ll keep working out, because you have to eat properly and you must have some form of active cardio in your day to day life, because you can’t sit at home and eat a Chinese takeaway and take a raspberry ketone supplement - it doesn’t work like that!'
Roxanne Pallett is starring in the 40th Anniversary Rocky Horror Picture Show UK tour till May 11th. Visit www.rockyhorror.co.uk/tour_dates
For more info on Forza Raspberry Ketones visit www.forzasupplements.co.uk
Or call 0845 519 6010


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2299291/Emmerdales-Roxanne-Pallett-uses-Kim-Kardashians-secret-raspberry-ketone-slim-Rocky-Horror-Show.html#ixzz2Ofzv0hfY
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook