Friday 29 March 2013

Jennifer Lawrence reveals how her family and friends keep her grounded


'I don't have time to feel cocky': Jennifer Lawrence reveals how her family and friends keep her grounded


Jennifer Lawrence had a swift rise from unknown budding actress to Oscar nominated Hollywood star.
Despite being one of the most in demand names, the box office success and award accolades have not gone to her head.
The down-to-earth 22-year-old from Louisville, Kentucky, hasn't changed and still says what she thinks even when it goes against the expected etiquette of the day.
Staying grounded: Jennifer Lawrence, pictured in February 2013, has maintained her humbleness despite being one of Hollywood's brightest stars
Staying grounded: Jennifer Lawrence, pictured in February 2013, has maintained her humbleness despite being one of Hollywood's brightest stars
Speaking to Fabulous magazine she described exactly how she manages to stay so grounded when she has such an amazing career.
She said: 'I just constantly feel so lucky, that I don't really have time to feel cocky.
'I was raised to have value for money, to have respect for money, even though you have a lot of it.'
The humble games: The Oscar winner said that she has no time to be cocky
The humble games: The Oscar winner said that she has no time to be cocky
Strength to strength: Jennifer, currently filming a untitled David O Russell film, says her family keep her grounded
Strength to strength: Jennifer, currently filming a untitled David O Russell film, says her family keep her grounded
Star show: Jennifer became a global star when she appeared in The Hunger Games as Katniss Everdeen
Star show: Jennifer became a global star when she appeared in The Hunger Games as Katniss Everdeen
The Hunger Games star may have earned riches beyond her dreams, but she is still careful when it comes to splashing the cash.
The full interview is in Fabulous magazine
The full interview is in Fabulous magazine
'That's why minibars are difficult, because it's like yes, I can afford a $6 Snickers bar, but there's just something wrong with that! 
'I still drive my same car I've been driving for a long time and I haven't bought a house yet.'
Her well disciplined and grounded attitude is a product of her family making sure the Jennifer they grew up with never becomes a demanding diva.
'My family is not the kind of family that would ever let me turn into an a**hole or anything like that, so I am fortunate to have them'.
Although she can count heartthrob Bradley Cooper as a friend J-Law likes to keep the people she grew up with close to her.
She said: 'I don't ever walk around feeling famous. I walk around feeling the exact same way I have walked around my entire life, but it's not until I talk to somebody and see in their eyes that I'm different. It makes me feel weird.'
The full interview can be read in Fabulous magazine.



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2300985/Jennifer-Lawrence-reveals-family-friends-grounded.html#ixzz2Ow8FyA9Q
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook