Tuesday 26 March 2013

Kendall Jenner in new Harper's Bazaar Arabia shoot and interview


'I'm constantly criticised for being too skinny': Kendall Jenner, 17, speaks out about body image as she displays her long legs in white bodysuit


She is tall and slender and has been blessed with those certain type of measurements fit for a supermodel-in-the-making.
And while Kendall Jenner's figure has helped her break into the modelling world, the teen says she has suffered considerable backlash surrounding her lithe shape.
In a new magazine shoot and interview for Harper's Bazaar Arabia, the 17-year-old speaks out about how taunts about her weight hurts. 
Leggy: Kendall Jenner displays her slender figure in a white bodysuit paired with an animal print Roberto Cavalli blazer in a new photo shoot for Harper's Bazaar Arabia
Leggy: Kendall Jenner displays her slender figure in a white bodysuit paired with an animal print Roberto Cavalli blazer in a new photo shoot for Harper's Bazaar Arabia
'I'm constantly criticised for being too skinny,' she explains.
'I’m trying to gain weight but my body won’t let it happen. What people don't understand is that calling someone too skinny is the same as calling someone too fat, it's not a nice feeling.'
    In an accompanying photoshoot for the magazine, Kendall shows off her very slender physique as she models an array of designer ensembles, including a revealing cream body suit paired with a Roberto Cavalli animal print blazer. 
    Body image: The teenager reveals that taunts about her skinny frame upset her in an accompanying interview with the magazine
    Body image: The teenager reveals that taunts about her skinny frame upset her in an accompanying interview with the magazine
    Supermodel-in-the-making: In another snap, Kendall leans back gracefully on table, once again displaying her very long legs in a white miniskirt teamed with a tuxedo-style shirt
    Supermodel-in-the-making: In another snap, Kendall leans back gracefully on table, once again displaying her very long legs in a white miniskirt teamed with a tuxedo-style shirt
    Boosting her already statuesque height, she accessorises the outfit with black sky-high stilettos featuring straps that criss-cross half way up her pins.
    The teenager looks ever the experienced model as she poses on a rooftop under the blazing Los Angeles sun.
    In another snap, Kendall leans back gracefully on table, once again displaying her very long legs in a white miniskirt teamed with a tuxedo-style shirt. 
    All grown up: At just 17-years-old, Kendall looks all grown up in the photo shoot
    All grown up: At just 17-years-old, Kendall looks all grown up in the photo shoot
    Look familiar? It seems that Kendall's sister Kourtney later borrowed the exact same black and white striped Marc Jacobs maxi dress the teenager modelled in the shoot, as the elder Kardashian was seen wearing the ensemble earlier this month
    Look familiar? It seems that Kendall's sister Kourtney later borrowed the exact same black and white striped Marc Jacobs maxi dress the teenager modelled in the shoot, as the elder Kardashian was seen wearing the ensemble earlier this month
    Look familiar? It seems that Kendall's sister Kourtney later borrowed the exact same black and white striped Marc Jacobs maxi dress the teenager modelled in the shoot, as the elder Kardashian was seen wearing the ensemble earlier this month
    Dramatic: The brunette beauty also looks glamorous in a dramatic halterneck black Gucci gown teamed with a wide-brimmed floppy hat
    Dramatic: The brunette beauty also looks glamorous in a dramatic halterneck black Gucci gown teamed with a wide-brimmed floppy hat
    And it seems that Kendall's sister Kourtney later borrowed the exact same black and white striped Marc Jacobs maxi dress the teenager modelled in the shoot, as the elder Kardashian was seen wearing the ensemble earlier this month.
    The brunette beauty, who reveals that she is currently working closely with Victoria's Secret snapper Russell James, also looks glamorous in a dramatic halterneck black Gucci gown teamed with a wide-brimmed floppy hat.
    But it isn't too long before she raises hemlines again in an edgy strapless Calvin Klein frock cinched in a the waist to accentuate her tiny middle. 
    Short and sweet: But it isn't too long before she raises hemlines again in an edgy strapless Calvin Klein frock cinched in a the waist to accentuate her tiny middle
    Short and sweet: But it isn't too long before she raises hemlines again in an edgy strapless Calvin Klein frock cinched in a the waist to accentuate her tiny middle
    Having a ball: Kendall clearly had a ball posing in the glamorous shoot
    Having a ball: Kendall clearly had a ball posing in the glamorous shoot
    The teenager also looks all grown up in a pair of beige trousers with black lace detailing paired with a matching black lace blouse and nude strappy heels.
    In her interview with the magazine, Kendall admits that modelling has helped her overcome her shyness.
    'It’s true, I used to be so shy. I used to never talk, just sit back and do my thing,' she explains.
    'I was never bullied though,and it was never like it was something that needed to be ‘fixed’, like being shy is a bad thing. 
    Sophisticated: The teenager also looks all grown up in a pair of beige trousers with black lace detailing paired with a matching black lace blouse and nude strappy heels
    Sophisticated: The teenager also looks all grown up in a pair of beige trousers with black lace detailing paired with a matching black lace blouse and nude strappy heels
    'I am still pretty shy but I’ve gotten much better because I’m always on set for photo shoots and I’m always filming with my family.'
    She adds that her little sister Kendall, whom she recently launched a new clothing line with along with California company PacSun, has also helped her come out of her shell.
    'My little sister would always be the one to bring me out of my little phase because she was so outgoing and, like, crazy. I wanted to be like her and looked up to my little sister. She helped me come out more.' 
    Made up: Kendall's make-up consisted of a very smokey eye and nude lip combination
    Made up:  Kendall's make-up consisted of a very smokey eye and nude lip combination
    Kendall says she often goes to her famous big sisters for advice, describing each one as being completely different to one another.
    'I go to them for different things,' she explains. 'Khloé is like my second mum, so whenever my little sister and I are fighting or we’re fighting with our parents, we call Khloé.
    Cover girl: Kendall graces the cover of the April edition of Harper's Bazaar Arabia
    Cover girl: Kendall graces the cover of the April edition of Harper's Bazaar Arabia
    'Kourtney is very, realistic with things. She will tell you the cold, hard truth, even if it will make you cry, so whatever you’re dealing with, if you want to talk to her, she’ll be very realistic.
    'Then Kim is supersmart and really tech-savvy, too. She’s been through a lot, so we can go to Kim with anything and she’ll have literally the best advice.'
    Despite regularly posting pictures of herself to her four million Instagram followers, Kendall claims that she is fiercely private person.
    'I’m a very loyal and very private person when it comes to my personal life. But I obviously do have Twitter and Instagram, and I will share some of the things I’m doing,' she says.
    'I like to promote my work when I’m at a photoshoot. I love to take pictures of myself or with the crew. But my personal life, I try to keep to myself as much as I can.
    'I mean, I do get that I have a reality TV show, so it’s kind of contradicting myself, but at the same time, I’m trying to stay a little more private.'
    With her every move being documented, the teen admits that the attention she has garnered makes her feel 'anxious'.
    'It’s actually insane to me! I always say this to my little sister, I cannot believe four million people are looking at what I’m doing at all times. It kind freaks me out and gives me a little anxiety sometimes,' she says. 
    And in response to reports that her mother Kris Jenner pushes her daughters too hard for their success, Kendall insists that she does make her own decisions and often disagrees with the famous 'momager' about certain projects.
    Famous siblings: Kendall says she often goes to her famous big sisters, Kim, Kourtney and Khloe for advice, describing each one as being completely different to one another
    Famous siblings: Kendall says she often goes to her famous big sisters, Kim, Kourtney and Khloe for advice, describing each one as being completely different to one another
    'I’ve always had a say in what I do. My mum would always come to me and ask if I wanted to do something that she thought was amazing,' she explains.
    'She’d be like, "Oh my god, you have to do this", and I’d be like, "No, no thanks!" She’ll still push me but I’ve always, always had a say and ultimately it’s my decision.'
    Kendall also recalls the day that her life changed forever, when Kris told her and younger sister Kylie that they would be followed by a crew of cameras to document their every move for their now incredibly successful reality show, Keeping Up With The Kardashians.
    'I make my own decisions': In response to reports that her mother Kris Jenner pushes her daughters too hard for their success, Kendall insists that she does make her own decisions
    'I make my own decisions': In response to reports that her mother Kris Jenner pushes her daughters too hard for their success, Kendall insists that she does make her own decisions 
    At the time she was 11-years-old and had just returned from summer camp with Kylie.
    Breaking away: Kendall says her and her sister Kylie are trying new things independently
    Breaking away: Kendall says her and her sister Kylie are trying new things independently
    'In the beginning, Kylie and I didn’t really have much to say, we didn’t really know what was going on. I came home from camp and my mum said, "We might have a TV show", and I was like, "Oh, okay", she explains. 
    'Like, I didn’t really care, then it just gradually grew from there and it gradually grew on us.'
    Despite being part of 'Brand Kardashian', Kendall is determined to break out on her own and make a name for herself, separate from her equally famous siblings.
    With her modelling career on the rise and several projects in the works she is well on her way to  independent success.  
    'I’m trying my best with what I want to do, which is modelling. I think I’m on my own career path and I don’t really care what other people have to say about me being in the spotlight of my sisters. I’m just doing my own thing,' she says. 
    That includes breaking away from her sister Kylie, whom often accompanies her on photoshoots and whom she is currently collaborating with on several projects, book deals and of course their PacSun clothing line.
    'We do a lot of stuff together but we’ve got to do our own things for ourselves. We’re trying to kind of separate from the ‘kiddy-sisterly’ photoshoots, so we can be seen as two different people,' Kendall explains. 
    'Stuff like our clothing line is fun to do together, to get each other’s opinions on clothes, but we do need to separate ourselves from each other – not as sisters, but from the spotlight.'


    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2299407/Kendall-Jenner-17-speaks-body-image-displays-long-legs-white-bodysuit.html#ixzz2OfuuOQtz
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook