Thursday 21 March 2013

Una Healy hits back at critics who tell her to gain a few pounds


'This is me. I've always been slim': Una Healy hits back at critics who tell her to gain a few pounds


She's always been the slimmest member of The Saturdays, with some critics claiming she has been even thinner since becoming a mother.
However, Una Healy insists she's always been skinny and has laughed off speculation she is constantly dieting.
The Irish singer, 31, admits some people have even told her she needs to put on weight.
Healthy and happy: The Saturdays singer Una Healy insists she doesn't diet in an interview with OK! magazin
Healthy and happy: The Saturdays singer Una Healy insists she doesn't diet in an interview with OK! magazin
She told this week's OK! magazine: 'Sometimes people might say: "You could do with putting on a few pounds," but I’m not dieting.
'This is me. I’ve always been slim since I was a swimmer as a child.'
Growing up in County Tipperary, the mother-of-one was a competitive swimmer, and was even the All-Ireland Champion when she was nine.
Svelte: The 31-year-old singer was her usual trim self when she spotted out in Soho on Tuesday
Svelte: The 31-year-old singer was her usual trim self when she spotted out in Soho on Tuesday
Svelte: The 31-year-old singer was her usual trim self when she spotted out in Soho on Tuesday
Una and her rugby player husband Ben Foden welcomed their daughter just over a year ago.
The full interview is available in OK! magazine out now
The full interview is in OK! magazine out now
Despite Ben being a professional rugby player, Una admits she isn't the only musical one in the family.
She explained: 'Years ago, he auditioned for Pop Idol before he was professional rugby player and he always sings so lads take the p*** out of him. He sang recently for BMW, who sponsor the England team.
'He tweeted he’d love to replace Jay in 5ive but that’s why the lads can’t actually take the p*** out of him, because he’s so up front about it.
'He’s got a decent voice – I hope we pass on some decent genes to Aoife!'
Meanwhile, Una's Saturdays bandmate Mollie King is keen to meet Amore singer David Webb after hearing he has a crush on her.
David told OK! this week: 'I do fancy her. I think she's amazing but I don't want to sound like a stalker. She just comes across as a totally lovely, regular girl.'
When told of David's compliments, Mollie enthused: 'Amore! I know them very well. Oh that’s sweet. On my birthday last year they tweeted me a video of them singing Happy birthday to me.
'I need to meet him again in the flesh. I’ll keep a lookout for him definitely.'
The full interview is available OK! magazine out now.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2296565/The-Saturdays-Una-Healy-hits-critics-tell-gain-pounds.html#ixzz2OBWpcmT6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook